HOW TO MANAGE PANIC ATTACKS!
What is a panic attack?
A panic attack can be best described as a sudden and intense feeling of overwhelming fear and/or anxiety. This can result in dizziness, shortness of breath and an increase in heart rate. Panic attacks can often lead to the affected individual suffering panic disorders and even withdrawing from their normal daily routines in fear that they may re-occur. With the help and treatment from me The Nexus Team and the highly skilled Anxiety Hypnosis, you can take control of these attacks once and for all.
How can I manage my panic attacks?
In addition to our treatment program, there are a few simple guidelines listed below that can significantly reduce and even eliminate these panic attacks from occurring again in the future:
1. Don’t Panic – If there is only once piece of advice that you take from this post, then this would be it. Try to think of your attack like a wave. A wave is only temporary and soon enough, it will pass. The sooner that you can let the wave pass over you, the faster the anxiety will subside.
2. Keep Talking – If you are having an attack and there are people around you, try to talk to them as much as possible. Say whatever is on your mind, no matter how irrational the thoughts may be, this helps to release tension and expels the thoughts from your mind. If you are on your own, this method still helps even if you are talking to yourself or even to the television.
3. Keep Moving – By keeping your body active during an attack, you can disperse the energy and adrenaline that the attack has brought on. If you can, try to go outside for a walk along the street or in the garden. Even pacing back and forth inside the house can keep your body active and your mind empowered.
4. Don’t Forget to Breathe – During the onset of an attack, you may struggle to breathe as easily or deeply as you normally would. This is normal for an attack of this kind but concentrating on your breathing can really help. Focus on your inhale and exhales fully and try to exhale as slowly as possible. This method will help regulate your breathing and bring your heart rate down.
5. Stay Positive – Stay strong, and feel proud of yourself when you have overcome an attack. Once the attack is over, give yourself a pat on the back and realize that you have come through it and you are determined to eliminate these attacks once and for all and realise that you have always been alright and have gotten through it, haven’t you?
What can I do next?
If you are currently suffering from panic attacks or periods of anxiety and it is affecting your daily life of hindering your freedom, contact me at The Nexus Team at Anxiety Hypnosis, you can take control of your panic attacks and live the life you want to lead.
The Nexus Team at Anxiety Hypnosis works in Birmingham UK and the surrounding areas such as Walsall. You can get tips via our FaceBook page, just search for Anxiety Hypnosis Page and give us a like and you will receive daily information with tips and inspirational thoughts.
You can in the meantime download the Axe-Anxiety 7 tips that will help you overcome the negative effect of worry, stress, fear, and being anxious. Remember to get your free complimentary consultation.
However if you feel that you would benefit from a 1 to 1 private session, then all you have to do is contact The Nexus Team or email email@example.com The Nexus Team is an Advanced Hypotherapist.
Good luck and watch out for future blogs and posts.